The Students of Concern Committee (SOCC) provides a centralized place for various campus departments to come together and communicate relevant information, coordinate institutional response, and consult about students of concern. Students are referred to the Center for Support and Intervention when they are exhibiting concerning behaviors related to their personal, physical, and emotional well-being; select cases are then brought to the Students of Concern Committee when appropriate.
SOCC Team Members
- Berkeley International Office
- Center for Student Conduct
- Center for Support and Intervention (Chair)
- College of Letters and Science
- Counseling and Psychological Services
- Disabled Students’ Program
- Financial Aid & Scholarships
- Graduate Division
- Office of the AVC/Dean of Students
- PATH to Care Center
- Residential Life
- UC Police Department: Threat Management Unit
The SOCC also consults with other advisors, faculty, and staff as necessary.